The car hypothecation process involves transferring your loaned car to your name after the clearance of bank loan. It involves issuing a new smart card minus bank name.
Hypothecation happens at the Sangam Bridge RTO. Its NOT at the Alandi Road RTO
1) NOC Original from your bank
2) Form 35 signed by you and the bank (2 copies)
3) valid PUC of car. This is a must. You may be asked to come again if this is missing
4) License copy
5) Insurance copy. This is also a must.
6) Original Smart Card. Put the card in a small plastic pouch. I saw some people being asked to get the plastic at the last minute.
1) Go to window no. 32 to verify the documents mentioned above
2) Then go to counter no. 18/19 to pay the fees of Rs 170/-. Collect the receipt.
3) Then go to 1st floor to get the KMC done of the smart card. I dont know what KMC is. But the officer there just reads the authenticity of the card and mentions KMC OK on your paper.
4) Then based on the number of your car go to the window dealing with the number range.
5) Then you will be asked to come 1 more time to pay the fees for smart card. Done.
6) After about 15-30 days the card should come to your address by post.
NOTE: This process can save any where between Rs 900 – Rs 1300/- which would have gone to an agent.