Download the pdf file [3 MB] to understand the installation & configuration of weblogic 9
Weblogic 9_Installation Steps
Ever wondered why all the currency notes in the world have a horizontal view. In the sense that all the notes make sense when they are held horizontally.
Take some examples below —
NOW, how about changing this a little bit ???
These new designs are much appealing & have the following advantages –
why a vertical format?
A research on how notes are used it was realized that people tend to handle and deal with money vertically rather than horizontally. You tend to hold a wallet or purse vertically when searching for notes. The majority of people hand over notes vertically when making purchases. All machines accept notes vertically. Therefore a vertical note makes more sense.
why different colors?
it’s one of the strongest ways graphically to distinguish one note from another.
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs: (a) Respect for self (b) Respect for others (c) Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
Recently while composing a mail, I noticed a strange thing…. I was frequently making use of ellipsis (…) i.e. 3-dots in whatever I write. Whether it was mails or SMS, this single punctuation mark seemed to dominate all other punctuations in my writing. Most of the times I use this to mimic the brief PAUSES we generally have while speaking … But some other times I use this for like ‘etc etc’ where the thought itself is vague or not clear. Also, sometimes I think this adds a more ‘spoken language touch’ to our writing, in the sense that I feel as if I am speaking to that person live.
I tried to understand more about ellipsis on internet…AND I was surprised to see the wealth of info available on dot-dot-dot… It in fact had a proper name also – Suspension Point, point of Ellipsis, periods of Ellipsis, etc. [A sure addition to my knowledge bank :-)] I also learned that ellipsis can be used to indicate obvious omissions in a sentence. e.g. She had … hair (here … could mean like black, long, short, blah blah)… However I feel this usage of … is not very useful for it leaves an evident lacuna in actual thought. One would really not understand what the person intend to say out of black, long, short, dark, etc. It could mean anything thereby making it less intuitive.
It is strange that my writings have been using this punctuation more often than anything else for a long time … but its only a recent ‘EUREKA’ moment for me 🙂
Till my next post dot-dot-dot or … or Suspension Point …. I hope you guessed it !!